By accessing all of the web pages contained within the UHY Advisors, Inc. site, http://www.uhyadvisors-us.com (the "Site"), you agree to be legally bound and to abide by the terms set forth below:
Protecting the Privacy of Information
At the UHY Advisors, Inc. Companies, we are proud of the relationships we have developed with our clients. In serving as your trusted advisor, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality professional and business services while protecting your personal information. This privacy notice contains information about the policies and practices we employ to fulfill this commitment.
This policy applies to both current and former clients.
UHY Advisors, Inc.’s obligation and commitment to safeguard confidentiality.
UHY Advisors, Inc. has always recognized the importance of holding your personal information in the strictest confidence. While the UHY Advisors, Inc. Companies are not licensed to practice public accountancy, many of our employees are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and are bound by professional standards of confidentiality that are even more stringent than those required by law. Similarly, employees who are Certified Financial Planners are bound by the rigorous confidentiality standards of their profession. With respect to those clients for whom we prepare tax returns, the Internal Revenue Code prohibits us from disclosing tax return information without client consent, other than for the specific purpose of providing services.
We hold our employees to strict standards of conduct to ensure the confidentiality of client information. We also require companies with which we do business to use appropriately and to safeguard the confidentiality of such information.
UHY Advisors, Inc. uses and shares information to better serve you.
We use and share information to provide high-quality services and to offer services that we believe will be of value and interest to our clients. For example, your non-public personal information enables us to:
- Provide you with comprehensive, high-quality services to meet your present and future needs.
- Navigate you to other companies within the UHY Advisors, Inc. family that offer other high-quality business and professional services.
UHY Advisors, Inc. collects non-public personal information that may include:
- Information that we collect from you personally in the course of providing services, such as your name, address, phone number, assets, income and investment objectives.
- Information that we collect, with your consent, from your attorneys and other advisors.
- Information about the services and products provided to you by the UHY Advisors, Inc. family of companies, such as the nature of the engagement, investment decisions made, assets placed under management and payment history.
- Information that we receive from others in order to establish your relationship with us, such as credit reports and income verification.
UHY Advisors, Inc. carefully limits information sharing.
If permitted by applicable laws and standards related to the professions in which our employees engage, we may share the information described above within the UHY Advisors, Inc. family of companies and with selected non-affiliated third parties. This sharing is carefully limited.
Information sharing within the UHY Advisors, Inc. family.
Within UHY Advisors, Inc., we restrict employees’ access to non-public personal information based on their need to know information in order to provide you services or offer you additional services or products that may be of value to you.
Other information sharing.
We may also share non-public personal information about you with non-affiliated companies or other organizations as required or permitted by law and our professional standards. For example, we may share this informati